Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Excitement in my life!


You know, I had this same problem with diaries. For the first few weeks (days) I wrote in it every day, I was very diligent about it, and then . . . nothing. The poor thing got abandoned until I had an emotional overload. Well, this isn't an emotional overload, that was last week. All week. I think I frightened people. I kinda frightened myself. Anyway, totally off the subject there, the point was that I suspect that I am going to be terrible at this whole blog thing from now on. I will make an honest effort to post something at least once a week, but no promises. Perhaps if I get bugged about it, I'll write more, but I don't honestly think anyone actually reads this stuff, so, my dear imaginary audience, you'll just have to survive with what you get.

The real purpose of this blog is . . . *looks right* . . . *looks left* . . . I am getting my book printed!!! I may or may not have mentioned this book (I should probably go back and read what I've written aready, huh?), but it's a contemporary romance and I have finished it and I'm going to send it to be printed on Thursday! I am so excited and for some reason I am completely FREAKING OUT about it! I am strange this way.

I put an excerpt on my Facebook page, asking if anyone would be interested in buying a copy, and what anyone thought. Now, this next part is sad. I got no comments. Nothing. I put up a note with the excerpt and then mentioned it as my status, and no one said a thing. No "Cool" or "Good job" or even "It's not my thing, but that's nifty". Nothing. I'll be honest, I'm a little hurt. This book is like a hugely momentous thing for me, and it was like nobody cared. But anyway, I do know of at least 2, maybe 3 people that want it besides me, so that's really cool. I'm gonna get it printed and I confess, when I hold my book for the first time, a real, honest to goodness book, not just a file on my computer, I might actually cry. And I rarely cry. The picture up there is what I hope will be the cover, if everything I'm doing cooperates and all that jazz. Pretty, huh? I actually drew that, feel free to be impressed.

So, imaginary audience, if any of you would be interested in reading the ignored excerpt, do let me know, I would be more than happy to email it to you. I was going to post it here, but that would make this entry ridiculously long and I don't think you want that. But the story line goes as follows: Brian is a ridiculously wealthy businessman with nothing much in his life but work. Samantha is a frustrated waitress with not much in her life at all. After a first meeting gone wrong, they meet again and end up plunging headfirst into an adventure that neither of them ever expected.

You want me to give away some of it? Ok, ok, don't be so pushy! *Chuckling at self* I crack myself up. Anyway, so after the first meeting gone wrong (not gonna tell how that goes), they meet at a bar with their friends and in this bar they get . . . married! To quote a line, "Totally legit, just like Vegas." And the rest is just amusing, and according to my friend who volunteered to be my editor, there are some parts that are soooo cute, and some parts that make you fall in love, and, to quote directly, a "fabulous ending". *Squees and hugs self* I'm glad it's not all in my head, seriously. It's great that I crack myself up and get warm fuzzies from my writing, but to know someone else does too is like my ego getting shot of straight caffeine.

Ok, I think, since it is 2 in the morning, that I should go to bed, but first I have a funny story. It is only funny right now because of how completely, awfully, ridiculous it is. I mean, seriously, who has luck this bad?! So, about a month ago, our water heater broke. Within a week of that, 6 of the computers in the house crashed, and a couple had the hard drives completely wiped. Soon after that we discovered that a pipe behind the washer and dryer was leaking all over and rotting the drywall. Then our blue car died. Then the shocks just fell off my husband's scooter (think an automatic motorcycle). This past week everyone in the house got sick. And today? The oven died. Like, oven, stove, whole thing, dead. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? If it weren't 2 in the morning, I would be laughing my head off right now. So, yeah, that's my funny story. I am considering buying a lucky rabbit's foot and wearing a horseshoe around my neck. I need all the help I can get!

I am going to go wander off to sleep now, since I have an early day tomorrow, and I will seriously try to post again within the next few days. Loves to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment