Sunday, June 27, 2010

Clumsy Me


Hiya! Ok, I'm going to try and keep this blog short since it is after 1:30 in the morning and I really should go to sleep. But I've been having fun today going onto imdb.com and looking up trivia on all the movies, and I wandered over to the Lord of the Rings movies and suddenly had the urge to watch them! I watched half of Fellowship earlier with my hubby while we folded laundry, but then he pretty much zonked out so I figured I'd be courteous and wait for him. I forgot how much I love LotR! It is the perfect movie trilogy, it has the big huge main plot, and all the little side stories and subplots, and every genre there is! Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, everything! It's so cool! There's even a bit of foreign film in there if you count all the Elvish they speak.

I also discovered that they are finally coming out with the next Narnia movie in December. I love the Narnia books and for the most part I loved the other two movies. I liked Lion better since it stayed much truer to the books, and Caspian pretty much shredded the book and created the most awful romantic subplot between Susan and Caspian. So very, very wrong. But they were both great, so I'm very excited for Voyage of the Dawn Treader, although very sad since Peter and Susan won't be in them anymore. Especially Peter, since William Moseley is a hottie that could be my husband's twin, no joke. Yeah, I'm lucky. They're only four months apart in age, too, how funny is that?

So, you wanna hear what I did for fun today? Here's a bit of background. #1, I have completely screwed up ankles, and I do mean screwed up. If I ever have to have a body part replaced, it will be my ankles. #2, I have been ridiculously clumsy the past 2 days for reasons unknown. #3, it was a pretty big step down. I was digging a hole around one of those green metal fence posts that you wire fencing too so we could take it out. After finally digging deep enough (and realizing that there was no cement at the bottom of it like I though, as demonstrated when my father in law just tugged it out like it was stuck in runny pudding) and getting it out, I was going back inside with my husband and as I was stepping down from the dirt to the patio, my ankle totally freaked out on me and it got sprained and twisted at the same time. That's talent, right there. And typically, since one ankle is competely out of commission, I landed on my other knee and I now have a very impressive scrape that covers my whole kneecap and there are still little bits of dirt that I haven't been able to dig out yet. Left ankle, useless, right knee, almost useless, both of them, PAINFUL!

Here's the funny part. I have a pair of black boots, the ones that have a chunky squarish heel about 3 inches tall, and they zip up almost to my knee, kinda like the ones in the picture, just a titch taller heel and longer up the leg. I call them hooker boots, and I love them. They are the only shoes I can walk in with my stupid ankle right now, because there is a stiff support around the bottom half of my ankle, and they are form-fitting enough that I get plenty of support to keep my ankle braced and my foot stable. I've been sitting around all day wearing canary yellow gym shorts and calf-high black pleather hooker boots. Sexy, huh? At least I haven't been whining about it, except for right now, since nobody is reading this anyway. It really does hurt like the dickens, and the dumb bandaids won't stick to my stupid knee! And the kicker is that I don't even have bad swelling or any bruising on my ankle at all. If I'm going to suffer, I want visible proof, people! Stupid ankles.

Ooh, I just thought of another thing! My sister in law found a little scrapbooking store yesterday and she took me there because they were having a sale on paper, 10 for $1.00! Yeah, I spent $14 and change. *Sheepish grin* I won't need to go scrapbook paper shopping for a long time, that's all I'm gonna say. But I've got some of the cutest stuff!!!!!

Other than that, the only things worth noting are that I cleaned my room today, our laundry is folded and put away, and for the Fourth of July I'm gonna dye my hair red. Not clown red (although sometime I'll have to tell you about this one time in high school . . . ) just an auburn red. I've always wondered what I'd look like with different colored hair, and I want to try red, lighter blonde, and dark brown. I decided red is next, since it's patriotic. I'm also debating doing a blue streak with Kool-Aid (yes, it is possible) but I'm not sure my boss would approve. Still deliberating. Anyway, that's all, I'm gonna go to bed now and try to figure out how to modestly wear hooker boots to church tomorrow. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment