Friday, July 9, 2010

Really Random Updates


Ah, it's been awhile, hasn't it? I'm not staying long (I know, I say that all the time) because right now the muse is smiling and while the muse smiles the writer must write! I've gotten 7 good ideas in the past few weeks and furiously trying to remember them from the little snatches I save in my phone. It usually works, but sometimes I have a particular sentence or expression in mind and if I don't remind myself constantly I forget it. Sort of like doing chores, except those I don't enjoy at all and writing comes as naturally to me as breathing.

Just an update, my sprained ankle is still sprained. I don't know how, probably because I couldn't stay off it, but it is still weak and hard to do anything other than walk on. At least I can wear normal shoes now.

Today my daughter threw the biggest tantrum she has ever thrown. We went to the park so my cousin/best friend could take pictures of her for a contest and when we were leaving she noticed the swimming pool and kiddie toys next door to the park. I said we have to go. She screamed bloody murder, threw herself on the ground, and we had to carry her to the car crying and kickig and screaming, literally. She screamed the whole way home, kicked the back of my seat, hit the windows, and I'm sure she was using swear words in whatever language she was speaking. It was a very impressive tantrum.

Ooh, ooh, I know what I was gonna say! I went to Lagoon with my hubby yesterday! That's what we did on our very first date, and it was sort of a reenactment. We were there for a good 9 hours, and we went on every ride we wanted to at least once, we got Dippin' Dots, mint chocolate flavor, and got soaked on Rattlesnake Rapids! I love Lagoon! But not enough to pay $50 every time, so I'll just have to restrain my adoration to Stake Lagoon Days and bouncebacks. It was so fun! There were four rides that either had issues while we were in line or already on the ride, and I almost got a henna tattoo, but we forgot to go back. And I taught my hubby how to work the Tilt A Whirl so that you get it going so fast it's just whipping you around and your stomach bounces around like a bouncy ball! It was so much fun!

Oh, and for the Fourth of July we sort of celebrated on the 3rd and the 5th. I saw fireworks in the 3rd, and I remembered how much I completely love fireworks, and on the 5th I made quite an amazing dinner, if I do say so myself. I was craving those boneless honey BBQ wings that KFC used to do, and I realized that I should just make them myself. So I made those precooked crispy chicken breasts and dipped them in honeyed up BBQ sauce and it worked out perfect! 10 points for me for brilliance!

The last thing to report is that I think this summer, for the first time in my life, I have severe allergies. I am allergic to penicillin, but I haven't ever been seasonally allergic to pollen and stuff. But I am now! How is that fair!

Ok, I think that's it so I'm going to go back to my smiling muse and keep writing like crazy now. Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment