Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sexy Food Experience


Ok, I just witnessed the sexiest thing I have ever seen in my life. It was my husband, making a pizza. He was throwing out that dough like the most practiced Italian chef, tossing it a good four feet above his head, and I have no doubt he would have gone higher if the ceiling were higher up. You know those chefs you see on tv that spin the dough in the air and catch it perfectly only to send it flying again barely a second later? That was my husand.

A little backstory on this: My hubby used to work at Dominos as a delivery driver and cook. They have to throw those tantalizing pies together within 15 minutes to get them to your door whilst still hot. They have to throw out the dough fast, top it fast, cook it fast, and deliver it fast while still maintaining accuracy and obeying traffic laws (or at the very least, not getting caught by a cop). I watched them a few times, and their hands just fly. Do you know how talented it is to throw 25-30 pepperoni slices onto an uneven cheesy surface with your hands going Mach 5 and six more pies lined up behind you? Insanely talented. Next time you get a pizza, delivered to your door within 25 minutes of your calling them, by a driver that walks it to your door and stands there patiently and politely waiting for you to count out your change while there are still more deliveries in his car, stop counting your freaking pennies and tip them. Good. We're talking 20% or more. And while you're at it, include a tip for the cooks. They appreciate that, and if you order regularly, they'll remember you, and they treat the good tippers very well.

Anyway, back to my sexy experience. So, we've been married almost 4 years, we're just two months shy now. We've known each other six years. Seeing something new and sexy from each other isn't rare, but not terribly frequent. I'm not sure what it was about my husband throwing out a pizza like a pro that got me all hot and bothered, but I liked it. Maybe it was the confidence, the devil-may-care way he just tossed that dough and knew exactly where his hands needed to be and they were there with astonishing speed. *Purr*

And now, with the fantastic scent of fresh, home-cooked pizza that is at this second coming out of the oven, I'm leaving. I know, you're all jealous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment